Classes of hosting services
A hosting service refers to stockpiling and/or sharing given content on a web server run by a hosting distributor. There are various varieties of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's take a glance at them. In this way, you can choose what you want, based on whether you wish to own a site, email box accounts, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution offered by particular providers, which lets you share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting solutions are frequently supported by displaying ads beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a given interval of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a completely distorted interpretation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would apportion the tasks at hand between individual bunches of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous web hosting services (email, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a type of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; certain corporations provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting brand is suitable if you desire to share a large quantity of images with mates or acquaintances since the service is usually free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to administering your e-mail addresses. Some distributors provide site hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an email hosting solution. If you would like to launch an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can set up mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip generates a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have a hard time with your hosting quotas. Embedding the video will enable you to operate as many videos as you desire without hassling about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to run a site. To a certain extent, it embodies all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and mails, upload video files, and so on. At WebHost-ing.com, for example, you can view web hosting and dedicated web server hosting accounts that allow you to have all of the aforementioned services in one location. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the normal email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are meant for particular web content exclusively.